CESA #11 Head Start has a unique program serving parenting and pregnant teens in Chippewa, and Dunn Counties.  School districts in each county contract with the program to provide the state required services to pregnant or parenting teens in their respective school.

  • Teen parents receive two home visits per month, two socialization (group) experiences per month, and weekly visits with the DPI licensed School Age teacher at their school. 

  • Prenatal development, child development, health, nutrition, and teen parenting issues are all part of the curriculum.  School Age teachers connect teens to community agencies and make referrals to outside resources as needed.

  • Helping teens graduate from high school is a priority and many school districts offer credit for enrollment in SAPP.  Typically teen parents remain in this program throughout high school.  Transition into Early Head Start or Head Start is an option if the teens want continued services.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement Update:In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, 
color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture 
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,1400 Independence Avenue, SW,Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.