We Offer......

3 year-old Pre-School

  • 4 full school days per week

  • Two free nutritious meals per day plus snack

  • Transportation as available

Early Head Start

  • Serving pregnant women and families with infants and toddlers (0-3)

  • Two socializations per month with free nutritious snacks

  • Weekly home visits

Polk County Early Learning Center Head Start
and  Early Head Start

Serving children and families in Polk County in Northwest Wisconsin


400 Polk County Plaza

Balsam Lake, WI 54810

Phone:  715-485-3413



  • Wix Facebook page

Mary Nelson

Polk County Early Learning Center Director



Mary Nelson
Center Director
Roxy Biedler
Center Assistant
Cynthia Wahlen
Jessie Langness
Teacher Aide Bus Driver
Erin Kaiser
Teacher Assistant/Bus Driver
Heather Otto
Teacher Aide
Bus Driver
Kristie Visger
Family Resource Provider
Home Visitor
Barb McIntire
Family Resource Provider
Jamie Lutz
Home Visitor
Jean Byl
Show More

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement Update:In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, 
color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture 
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,1400 Independence Avenue, SW,Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.