Come join us as a Policy Council Representative and celebrate the many contributions parents make. Being a Policy Council Representative gives parents an opportunity to have a meaningful voice in their child’s day to day Head Start life.
CESA#11 Head Start offers many opportunities for families to be involved in their child’s education. Families can volunteer in the classroom, participate in parent committee meetings, work on projects outside of the school day, or become involved in program leadership through participation on Policy Council.
Policy Council members have a meaningful voice in the overall operation of the Head Start program. The membership is responsible for:
Approval of program design
Approval of the program budget
Advice on budget issues
Approve and update program Written Plans
Approval of hiring and separations
Participation on hiring teams
2019-2020 Executive Committee
Vice Chairperson -Anita Johnson
Secretary - Breanna Coaty
Assistant Secretary - Angela Stinski
WHSA Representatives - Amanda Camen
Policy Council Goals
PC Approved: February 11, 2016
The Policy Council will:
1. Provide the Head Start Program with guidance and support in operating an effective program in accordance with Federal Regulations, Community Needs and the Program’s Strategic Planning Process.
2. Provide up-to-date and timely information to keep centers, parents and the program well informed
3. Maintain at least 75% active representation of Head Start centers at every Policy Council meeting.
4. Develop and support in-kind contributions to meet the program’s required Federal Match.
5. Continue to develop and expand networking opportunities among Head Start parents.
6. Keep Federal and State Representatives informed, involved and interested in the needs of Head Start children and families and the program.
7. Provide opportunities for Policy Council members to participate in the hiring process, self assessment, program committees and mission teams.
Policy Council Meetings