2021-2022 Executive Committee
Chairperson - Stacie Thompson Vice Chairperson - Kathryn Koniar Secretary - Angela Stinski
Assistant Secretary - Jennifer Hassard-Lueck Sergeant at Arms - Christine Evans
WHSA Representatives - Amanda Camen and Gina Moen
Come join us as a Policy Council Representative and celebrate the many contributions parents make. Being a Policy Council Representative gives parents an opportunity to have a meaningful voice in their child’s day to day Head Start life. CESA#11 Head Start offers many opportunities for families to be involved in their child’s education. Families can volunteer in the classroom, participate in parent committee meetings, work on projects outside of the school day, or become involved in program leadership through participation on Policy Council.
Policy Council Goals
PC Approved: February 11, 2016
The Policy Council will:
1. Provide the Head Start Program with guidance and support in operating an effective program in accordance with Federal Regulations, Community Needs and the Program’s Strategic Planning Process.
2. Provide up-to-date and timely information to keep centers, parents and the program well informed
3. Maintain at least 75% active representation of Head Start centers at every Policy Council meeting.
4. Develop and support in-kind contributions to meet the program’s required Federal Match.
5. Continue to develop and expand networking opportunities among Head Start parents.
6. Keep Federal and State Representatives informed, involved and interested in the needs of Head Start children and families and the program.
7. Provide opportunities for Policy Council members to participate in the hiring process, self assessment, program committees and mission teams.
Policy Council Resources