top of page

Am I eligible?

CESA #11 Head Start and Early Head Start is available in Barron, Chippewa, Dunn, Pierce, Pepin, Polk and St. Croix Counties in Northwestern Wisconsin for children from birth to , but not yet 5 years old on September 1.

Head Start considers household income, child’s age and family size for eligibility. You may also be eligible if you receive:


  • Income Eligible (at or below 100% of poverty )

  • Receiving Public Assistance

  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

  • Foodshare/SNAP

  • Currently  fostering an age eligible child

  • You are experiencing homelessness 

  • 10% of program slots are reserved for children with disabilities 


Always check with staff as there are many ways to be eligible for Head Start 

How do I apply?

To apply, please complete a Head Start/Early Head Start application

. In addition to a completed application form, those applying for Head Start services must provide proof of income, such as:

  • A copy of your federal 1040 tax return or

  • W-2 (income for the last calendar year) or

  • Copies of your check stubs and proof of other sources of income during the previous three months: salary or wages, unemployment benefits, Interest income/other, MSA, social security benefits, proof of income from self-employment, retirement or pension income, SSI, child support/alimony, MFIP/TANF/SWP, or complete no income form

All information is confidential and is only used to determine how to best serve the needs of your family.  Please call 715-986-2020 option 4 with any questions or for assistance in completing the application.

Logo (FINAL).png

To request more information:

Contact the CESA #11 HEAD START


Mon-Fri 7am - 4pm

715-986-2020 option 4

You can also request more information with this form:

Success! Message received.

bottom of page